Here are some top tips and seasonal advice from Simon Barnes of H.Barnes & Co on what you need to do to best prepare your property for a spring sale :
- During the winter months, buyers do not look closely at gardens, but as soon as the weather starts to improve, their focus changes
- Don’t neglect to tidy outside space, and ensure roof terraces are in good order with nicely maintained garden furniture on display and planters filled with fresh bulbs and seasonal plants.
- Tidy lawns and flower beds and de-clutter, both outside and in.
Buy new garden furniture and a barbecue to give a taste of what the summer will offer.
- Spend a bit of time on any paths, windows and doors and paint and freshen up if needed.
- In early spring, it is absolutely worth investing time and money in showing your garden, terrace or any outside space to their best advantage.